just an old-fashioned girl

Hello and welcome. I'm glad you dropped by. If you´re looking for something a little nostalgic of bygone eras with a timeless elegance and a little modern twist – in other words, something slightly “retro” – then you should feel right at home here in my shabby chic room. Month by month, there will always be something new to see so I hope you´ll enjoy your stay and come back again soon.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Have A Heart!

After I´d posted that simple tutorial yesterday, it occurred to me that your own PS font browser would be especially useful for previewing dingbat fonts as the PS preview is of even less use for them than it is for viewing conventional fonts. If you take the time to spell out the entire alphabet, you´ll be able to see all the dingbats on one page. When I did that myself I discovered lots of useful dingbats which I´d never have found by the usual trial and error method because it simply takes far too long to try out one after the other until I´ve found something I can use. I´ve been making gold and glitter styles just for fun recently and had been considering creating a Valentine kit using them. Well, I found the ideal dingbats to practise on, namely 2Peas GGs Love Me. I had so much fun trying out my styles on them I got quite carried away and ended up with a whole pageful of glittering Valentine motifs. It seemed such a shame to delete them I thought I´d offer them as an early Valentine Day gift. So, if you like them....have a heart. In fact, have 14 hearts! You´ll find them HERE with love from me to you.


Almost forgot to say that these elements are all on one page so you´ll have to cut them out yourself but, don´t worry, I´ve left plenty of space between them so it shouldn´t be difficult.

6 comments:

  1. These are SO cute and very timely. :o) Thank you!! (Love the bling.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How LOVEly! They are so attractive and much appreciated. Also another great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much...love these! Haven't decided on a favorite yet, but I really like the heart filled with the word love! Oh my, I need to make an e-mail valentine for the grands and pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the freebie! I used one of them on the page I did of Howard & Gloria's first date photo! Everything is so cute! What a sweet heart you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Helen! These are so cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You´re all very welcome to them and I´m happy to see that some of you have used them already. Hope you had a lovely Valentine´s Day.

    ReplyDelete