just an old-fashioned girl

Hello and welcome. I'm glad you dropped by. If you´re looking for something a little nostalgic of bygone eras with a timeless elegance and a little modern twist – in other words, something slightly “retro” – then you should feel right at home here in my shabby chic room. Month by month, there will always be something new to see so I hope you´ll enjoy your stay and come back again soon.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

And The Winner Is...

I´m happy to announce that the winner of my kit-naming contest is Julie for suggesting I name my kit Sweetness And Light. As Julie said herself, although it has a vintage look, it also has a lightness and airiness about it which would also make it suitable for contemporary layouts and these are the reasons I chose that name.

Congratulations, Julie, and thank you, everyone, for your suggestions which I´ll bear in mind for future kits. You´ll all receive a little posting gift for your participation...which reminds me that, although I may already have your email addresses as I have an inkling of who you may be, I can´t identify the first two contestants by their user names alone. So that I don´t send your gift to the wrong person, please email me to verify your identity.

Sweetness And Light is now available for sale and you can see it complete with its new name HERE in the store and HERE along with a freebie QP created from the kit.

5 comments:

  1. Perfect name for a beautiful kit. Congratulations Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great name and great kit. Congratulations, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful name, Helen! It is such a lovely kit and now it has a fitting name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you Julie. I know it had to be a tough decision as so many great names were submitted. How fun it is to see this lovely kit receive a name and now a featured place in the store as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, everyone!! It's a beautiful kit - love the pretty papers and elements!! Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete