just an old-fashioned girl

Hello and welcome. I'm glad you dropped by. If you´re looking for something a little nostalgic of bygone eras with a timeless elegance and a little modern twist – in other words, something slightly “retro” – then you should feel right at home here in my shabby chic room. Month by month, there will always be something new to see so I hope you´ll enjoy your stay and come back again soon.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tea And Sympathy

You´ll probably think that the changes I´ve made to my room are a little premature. I mean who needs a fire and a comfortable old armchair and a hot cup of tea in August? ME, that´s who! It may still be August and technically summer but hereabouts it´s more like October. As if that wasn´t bad enough, I´ve got a rotten cold. It started in my head and during the past week it´s done the grand tour of my body and has finally settled in my chest. I´ve lost my voice entirely but with the barking cough I have I can at least still communicate with Dora. Goodness knows what she thinks I´m trying to say though as she´s just flashed me an indignant look and stalked out of the room so I think I´d better have another dose of cough syrup before I offend her any further.

Why am I telling you all this? Well, a little sympathy would be nice. A cup of tea would be even nicer though so I´m off now to unceremoniously tip the doll out of the armchair, put my feet up in front of that blazing fire and hope that the cup contains something a lot more appetising than the foul herbal brew I´ve been forcing down for the past week. Then, after that, I´ll blow out the candle and toddle off to bed.

See you all soon...I hope.

5 comments:

  1. Unceremoniously tipping the doll out of the chair made me laugh when I visualized it. ha! Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Helen, you have my deepest sympathy! You also need a nice big bowl of home made chicken noodle soup! I am so sorry you have a rotten cold! I hope you feel better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dratted cold! Thank goodness you could put a fire in the fireplace and get everything nice and cozy. Hope you're feeling better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry that the cold just seem to keep hanging on...but looks like you have a good plan to help get rid of it. I vote for chicken soup for lunch and dinner and a little toddy each evening! Love the new background although that dollhouse is going to give me a quilt complex each time I see it. I have a dollhouse in the attic much like this one that is in much need of repair. Be wanting to fix it up and have it for my granddaughters. One more item on my "to do" list! Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better soon....
    Being not to far from you, I WISH I could stoke a nice fire! Noticed the other day that the geese are consistently flying south, and the trees are starting to turn.
    You're "dipping the doll off the chair" had me laughing too, as well as the look Dora gave you LOL - I get that from Perky a lot, so I can relate.

    have you tried black tea with honey? It soothes the cough, and the black tea helps fight the germs... (Tried and true! I promise)

    ReplyDelete