just an old-fashioned girl

Hello and welcome. I'm glad you dropped by. If you´re looking for something a little nostalgic of bygone eras with a timeless elegance and a little modern twist – in other words, something slightly “retro” – then you should feel right at home here in my shabby chic room. Month by month, there will always be something new to see so I hope you´ll enjoy your stay and come back again soon.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year. A New Look.

I´ve only been in this room since November but I feel quite at home in it already. I´ve enjoyed keeping the Victorian doll company on the couch, drinking tea from the china cup, making calls on the antique phone and welcoming visitors. But I felt it was time for a change and a new look. Few women can resist moving their living room furniture around now and then...well, as long as someone else does the actual lifting and moving! With a virtual room it´s easy not only to move it but to replace it entirely along with its deco. It´s also a lot more fun to design a new room than to sweep and dust the old one...so here´s my brand new room furnished and decorated using Part 2 of my Shabby Chic Rooms Collection. I hope you like it. If you do, you might like to have a room of your own to display your treasured photos. You´ll find one HERE. Have fun with it!
Happy New - scrapping - Year, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. The new look is also lovely! With all the furnishings and goodies you have to choose from, it must be very tempting to rearrange. I always have plenty to look at and admire. Best in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look! The delicate blue and cream patterns are just beautiful together. I hope you have a wonderful 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations...you are now the blogger guru...love all the changes! May 2011 be a most wonderful year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all. I´m glad you like the changes. Lajuana, I´m not so sure that I´M the blog guru around here. Better stand by in case I make any major blunders!

    ReplyDelete